Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Go Mariners!

The Mariners are off to a 6-2 start, and Nick watched their home opener from the comfort of our couch downstairs. It was a nailbiter with the Mariners winning it in 10 innings. We considered going to the game, but knew that it would be at the tail end of his chemo cycle and decided to wait for better timing. Skagit County Parks and Rec has several dates where they charter a tour bus to deliver about 50 people to and from the games, and I think we will try to attend one in the near future.

I arrived home tonight to find our neighbor Mark mowing the lawn for us. It was a wonderful gift. Nick has been getting dizzy when he stands up lately, so even though he has been able to spend some time awake, he is not able to be active. I keep telling him that he can use the mower to help hold himself up but.......[p.

I also arrived home to find a postcard in the mail from Bonnie Olpin. Now this may not seem noteworthy, but Nick gets a postcard from Bonnie every day. Each has an inspirational saying, or just some kind words. She is single handedly keeping the United States Postal Service in business. And she is keeping our spirits up. Thank you Bonnie.

Time to get the kids off to bed and make sure Reid has his homework done.
Sandra

1 comment:

  1. I'm back from Italy and getting caught up on "The Gallbladder Blog"! I prayed in many, many churches including Saint Peter's Basilica. I tried to see Uncle Pete and the Pope, but they were pretty busy with Easter and all! Wow! I'm still in awe of everything I saw!

    Sandra, I put my toes in the Mediterranean in honor of your birthday and even saw an enormous man on the beach wearing only his tighty whiteys and getting a massage by three Asian women! It was like watching a train wreck you don't want to look, but you can't help yourself! I don't recommend it...ever!

    Hugs to you all!

    ReplyDelete