Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My first blog

As Nick mentioned below, we have been overwhelmed with a wave of positive energy since last Friday when we discovered that Nick's discomfort was most likely much more than we had bargained for. We have set up this blog to keep everyone who is interested in Nick's progress up-to-date with current information.

As many know, today we had our first meeting with the surgeon. It was not as informative as we would have liked it to be. Dr. Yeung has ordered more tests that will hopefully be complete by our next scheduled meeting which is Tuesday the 10th, and we are also hoping to get an initial consult with the oncologist on Thursday the 12th. Seems so far away, but these docs can't really make any decisions regarding treatment until they have the entire picture in front of them. As much as we want them to go in and take out the bad stuff as soon as possible, we trust that they are experienced in this and know what is best for Nick.

Again, thank you all for your support this past week. It means a lot to us that you are all on our team.

Sandra

6 comments:

  1. Nick, Sandra and family. Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and offer any help that you may need. I can certainly give Larry a break from watching his amazing grandkids, if the need be. Please let me know. Take care, Lori Walser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Sandy. I'm right behind the both of you if you need anything.
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicholas, Nicholas,
    Joy of joys,
    Nephew of nephews,
    Boy of boys...
    Well, you know the rest. And you know that I am with you, Sandy, and all my N.W. loved ones every minute. I'm aiming to fly up to see you the weekend of April 17 - 20th. You've got an uphill battle ahead of you, darling nephew, but everyone who loves you will be pushing you up that hill. Having Michal at your side is the most comforting thing for me, and no doubt for dear Sandra. Four prayer groups--three of them instigated by my friend Judy from Tucson--have your name on their list. Can't hurt, eh?

    Nick, if it were possible to exchange my medical condition for yours I would do it in a heartbeat. I truly love you that much.

    Hugs and kisses,

    Tonto (Suzaunty)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nick: We are saying our share of prayers for you and know there is a lot of help. Keep up the good work..

    Love,
    Unc

    ReplyDelete
  5. nick,nick,nick, what are I gunna do wit ya Cuzzin ? Sounds like you got thing's going in the right way. My Thought's are wit ya all the way I hope you know that.Sandra,Libby,Daren,If'in Ya all need me for a great dinner to be made,Or Lunch, Mybe B-fast in the morrning I'm your man W/the plan! I love you all the way!!! THE JEFFROE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nick, How Are Ya My Bro?, I Hope Your Doing Well. I Know That Treatmet Is Veary Hard On Ya . my Thought's And Preyers Have Been With You And Family . Did The Dobble L, And The Mini You Like The Easter Baskets ? We'll Talk Later Peace Out & Alohe My Friend Jeff

    ReplyDelete